Tuesday 19 February 2013

Wonders of the Queuing System.

If an event is worth going to, then I always say it's worth making the effort. But even I thought I was pretty much on a loser trying to get in to this lecture - Making Britain the best place in the world to do science, the Michael Faraday Prize Lecture given by Professor Brian Cox earlier this evening at The Royal Society. I couldn't really get out of work any earlier to join the expected queue, and arrived around 10 minutes before the doors opened (at 5.00pm), to be greeted by the sight below:


I hope this shows you all my dedication to the cause! Of course, we were approached shortly after I took this video to be told we were too far down the line to be admitted, but the last people to be given a sticker to gain access were only around fifty yards ahead of me, so twenty minutes earlier and who knows? Without my work commitments, I'd have almost certainly got in. No matter. Onwards and upwards! At least I gave it a go. Incidentally, the video of the lecture doesn't seem to be up on their website yet. I know it streamed live but I don't know if they plan to post it for later viewing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment